Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

No running for me today but I may find motivation to do some core work (MAYBE). I had a great time celebrating new years with the Krauses. Shev and I went to their home with with the kids to celebrate the last hours of 2009. I finally got to see Schroff again. It had been quite a while but he's doing great and seems really happy with his new girlfriend. Mike's brother John is the most amazing cook. He made us fish tacos that were awesome. I Being the designated driver I focused my zone on the kitchen crowd enjoying these amazing dishes being prepared. In addition to the tacos we had sushi, hummus and baba ghanoush with garlic pita chips. The owners of the Coffee Hound Steve and April were there as well and brought a couple pounds of esspresso blend. Bar none, Coffee Hound beans are among the very best you will ever find. They have 2 shops in Bloomington/Normal Il. The picture above is actual latte art from the Coffee Hound. The make an art of coffee regardless. None the less, I over did it with the espresso. It was special for me as my girls experienced their very first new years eve party (my daughter lambasted me for telling people). At midnight fireworks were brought out at the kids lit sparklers. Fun fun.

No comments: