Monday, May 11, 2009



This is the shoe I intended on running the 2009 Boston Marathon in. It is the Mizuno Wave Universe 2. I like the shoe for it's minimalistic characteristics. It's about as little a shoe as you can find. It's definitely not for everyone but if you're into the less is more philosophy of running, this is a not too distant step from barefoot running. I weigh about 165 lbs and am 5-9. As such, the soft rubber soles don't last very long. I only have about 100 miles on my shoes yet they are showing quite a bit of wear. A big problem with this shoe is it's scarcity. I am having a really hard time getting another pair. Adam at Running Central is my dealer. He's trying to find me a pair. When it comes to minimal flats they tend to be difficult to find. Overall I really like this shoe and recommend it to anyone who ocassionally runs barefoot but wants a shoe for long runs and marathons.

No comments: