Saturday, May 23, 2009

Barefoot River Run -- My First Barefoot 5k

Today I ran my first barefoot 5k.  I admit I was a bit nervous about the attempt.  I have run this far barefoot before but never tried to go even as fast as tempo pace on the road (I did try it on the track last year).  Having been grounded by my doctor with Osteitus Pubis, I haven't been running at all. I expected to pay big time.  I figured the bare feet might aid as a govenor to keep me from trying to go out too hard but was worried I hadn't properly prepared for a barefoot race.  I was pleasantly surprised to end the race feeling as good as I did.  To be honest, I never got to that point of total discompfort one normally associates with the 5k.  I finished around 20 minutes.  Chillicothe hosts a great race.   

No comments: