Thursday, December 17, 2009

Officially Faster Than Schroff*



Sometimes you feel like you really earned something and sometimes, well, it just kind of seems made up and not real. I'm still reeling from this. Could it be the shoes? Could it just be dumb luck? Could it be a major breakthrough on my part? Sometimes it's just too hard to say. As we move into the New Year, I think it is safe to say that I am officially faster than Schroff in the marathon. He beat me in every other distance we competed in for 2009 but at distances that really count I ran 2 marathons and both were better than any recorded time Schroff turned in. I could have used either, however, my Huntsville time of 3:49 was good enough. I must just be blessed with more slow twitch muscle fibers than the man I owe my reason to blog. Who really knows for sure? It may also be a miracle. I have been praying a LOT! Better luck next year David. For the record, Schroffy, all you would have had to do was show up ;-).

No comments: