Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Remember the Recovery Drink!




I finished team steam last night and was standing around talking trash w/ the guys. As you know by now, bs'ing is one of my favorite past times. My wife says I could complete my training in half the time if I didn't spend so much time flapping my gums. Hey, I have to keep my lips in shape too! By the time I got home, it was pretty dark and about 7:45. Nearly 2 hours had elapsed since my workout and I hadn't had anything to eat or drink. I really believe my recent running gains can be largely attributed to better rest and recovery (and running the correct paces). Getting something in you right after a workout is as important for your recovery as a day off! Don't forget to pack a bottle of the good stuff before you head out to the track. And be sure to get it in you right after you work out. Your body will thank you and the seconds on your Saturday races will continue to melt away. It's really all about the recovery! DRINK UP!

P.S. Honestly, Schroff....wouldn't you love to share your bottle with her?!?


Cheers,
Rob


No comments: